v0.3.12 - v0.6.0 - Reimagining the project
It's been a slow journey, but the application had a redesign both visually and internally so it's easier to maintain for the growing number of devices and features.
- New command line utility
- New website and documentation
- Rewrite tray applet
- Refactor Controller (Pass 1, 2018)
- Refactor Controller (Pass 2, 2019)
- Port Controller to PyQt5 (Pass 3, 2020)
- New Preferences
- New Devices tab
- New Effects tab ("application profiles" replacement)
- New effect format (with support for animation)
- New troubleshooter for OpenRazer
v0.7.0 - Upcoming stable release
Consolidating progress and superseding v0.3.12.
- Polish little things for a new stable release
- Quality assurance testing across distros with progress so far
v1.0.0 - The big one
This release will expand custom (software) effects, introduce presets for multiple devices and events for automating your lighting.
- Improve build system
- Improve translation system
- New feature: Presets
- New feature: Triggers
- New Effect Type: Scripted
- New Effect Type: Layered
- Browse/share effects designed by other Polychromatic users.
- Optional hardware survey
- Add backend support for Philips Hue.
- Add backend support for OpenRGB.
- Key remapping (macro) support.
- Interactive effect layers.
- Port application to Windows and macOS.
The roadmap is subject to change at any time.